What is “Expo”? It’s a world fair that brings together numerous nations so that they can share their concepts and novelties with the world. From its beginning in 1851, the event has been the place of famous inventions that include the telephone. Dubai was named the host of Expo 2020 in November 2013. It became the first host nation for this event in the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa.
About Dubai Expo 2020
2020 will witness the first Expo in the MEASA region. The expected attendance of this show from the 20th of October 2020 to 10th of April 2021 is 25 million people. Human achievement and brilliance of 192 nations will be on show. The theme of this show is ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
Things to See during Dubai Expo 2020
The prime site of this show is an area of 1083 acres situated between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Several novelties will be on display during this mega show. Some of them are:
- Sci-fi – Tourists can know about China’s quest to sense interplanetary indications from alien life via the FAST radio satellite. There is a concept of Stephen Hawking regarding a possible way for humanity to express itself while interacting with extraterrestrials. There are many more examples of Sci-fi.
- The foodie’s paradise – Will feature original fusion dishes, computerized dining experiences, and more.
- Sustainability – View the Gnasher among the many characters on display at the Sustainability Pavilion. This machine that can ingest endless natural resources and produce single-use products highlights the present one-use consumer culture.
- The lift of the times ahead – This model draws on magnetic technology and moves sideways in addition to up and down.
- Immersive entertainment – Some 60 live performances that include renowned comedies, musical acts, poetry slams, digital theatres, fashion shows, and more.
- Kaleidoscope – This exhibition area is a part of the polygon Monaco Pavilion for discovering the nation’s culture, art, history, innovation, and gastronomy.
- Discover UAE’s venture for landing on the red planet in 2021
- No buffering – Witness the 5G smart site that has some 20 times the speed of the present 4G
- Poetic technology – Technology for knowing the hidden poet inside you? You heard it right and you can test your skill via the UK Pavilion.
- Acoustic, Electronic, and rock renditions of the works of Beethoven by robots
- An invention of German researchers is concrete capable of generating solar power. The expo shows how this was done, its uses and the role of fruit juice in the experiments for this discovery
- The UAE Pavilion that drew inspiration from the falcon is a great attraction. See the ‘wings’ to produce clean energy. The inside is an exhibition of the previous times, the present and the times ahead of the nation
Tickets and Passes for Expo 2020
Expo 2020 Dubai is going to be more fun with its Great value ticketing. There are the single-day adult ticket and a three-day pass. They cost AED120 and AED 260 respectively.
You can also grab Dhow Cruise Dinner ticket when coming to Dubai.
What are the scopes of the tickets and passes?
Those who buy a single-day ticket can access
- 60 live performances each day
- Performances by artists and future Technology on show, special celebrations, every-day parades, and approximately 200 F&B outlets
Ticket Concessions for students, children, and adults
This mega show offers various concessions.
Those aged between 6 and 17 years and students of all ages are going to get a discount of 50%. School students also get the benefit of The Expo School Programme. This program has curated special journeys for educating school students on the sub-themes of this show.
There is no entry fee for children who are aged 5 years and more and seniors who are aged 65 and more. People of determination also fall in this category.
Those interested can book tickets commencing on April 2020
This Expo can be considered as the football World Cup or Olympics sans the sport. In its place is tech expertise. Numerous countries will be a part of the show and showcase their concepts for resolving international problems.